I decided I needed a dresser to put in the center of the girls closet, so I headed off to the Saturday 50% off sale over at one of our local Goodwill stores. I found this little beauty and figured I could make it work! It has a few holes drilled in the top and the side was scraped up a bit, but I figured it wasn't anything I couldn't solve with some wood filler and a little elbow grease.
I decided to feature this a one of my makeover-in-minutes features. I sanded it up a bit, pulled the drawers out to leave as is for now, and grabbed one of my quarts of paint I have acquired for $0 through promotions. Then I got to work. Sanded it enough just to rough up the paint for a good bond, cleaned it off and started painting. The paint color was "sexy pink" by Glidden.
Threw a drawer back in so I could see if I liked it as it was or if I needed to paint that too. Turns out I loved it. Always liked the cotton candy/bubble gum style pink and blue combo. Left it to dry so I could come back in a couple hours to spend another 10 minutes tops to put on a second coat.....then this happened!
The driveway is the only place I have to do my projects. I had the dresser under the carport...but not far enough. It got wet. REALLY REALLY WET. It has been relocated but we will have to wait and see how the first coat faired and "weather" or not it will be ready for a second. Wish me luck!