Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Not so crazy couponer

Yesterday I saved a ton of money grocery shopping, which makes me SOOO very happy. And I didn't use a single coupon. I just went to Wal-mart with my pre-printed grocery list. I employed the powers of ad matching without spending hours scouring ads. Dealstomeals.com did all that for me. You simply pick your location, tell it which stores to look through (which since I plan on price matching I pick them all) and then look through the deals. I find it easier to sort by type instead of by store because I'd rather not pick the same item twice and sometimes multiple stores will have deals on the same items but not for the same price and sorting by type makes it easier for me to see those. I then click the box next to the items I want to buy and it puts them right into a shopping list for me!!!! When you go to print the shopping list you can leave it sorted by store or click a box to sort it by type. That's the method I prefer since that's the way the store is laid out. Being a Deals to Meals member cost $4.95 a month, but it saved me that much on the two cartons of ice cream I bought yesterday so I felt it was definitely worth that. They occasionally run a "try me" promotion so go give it a whirl. You don't have to spend more time couponing than you spend with your kids to save money. It's not saving 99% or anything like you see on the Extreme Coupon show but it does help stick to a budget, or squeeze more out of the budget you're already on!!

No comments: