Friday, October 11, 2013

Sugar Cookies for my Sweet Daughter

I decided upon searching year old Facebook posts for the umpteenth time to find this recipe that I would share it on my blog so as to not lose it again! This recipe was shared with me by my friend Brandi and makes an excellent sugar cookie...no frosting necessary. It does spread a little more than you'd like for super sharp images though so bare that in mind.

3/4 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla

2 1/2 cups white flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
Spoon Mix softened butter and sugar until smooth.
Beat in eggs & vanilla
Spoon stir in remaining ingredients 

*refrigerate for at least 1 hour before baking :)*

Roll out dough apx 1/4 inch thick
Place cookie shapes at least 1 inch apart on a greased cookie sheet.
Preheat oven to 400
Bake for 6-8 minutes
Allow to cool completely before icing
Enjoy :))

No comments: