Monday, August 12, 2013

First Day of School

No tears here!
Today we sent the Js off to school. My little Jam man went to his first day of Kindergarten and Jen went to her second first day of preschool.

She has her same teacher as last year, which is great because she is awesome. Herself and her team of assistants do amazing work and helped Jen improved so much over the last year. She gets to share the class with two of her best friends too! Her preschool is only half day so she gets picked up by the bus at 5 til 11.

Jam has Ms. Goldblatt and just from his pre-screening and meet the teacher night he is already saying, "I love Ms. Goldblatt! She is awesome!" I hope that statement still proves true at the end of the year. He never went to preschool so he is jumping in to all day kindergarten....the deep end! Luckily he has always been my early riser so having him out for the bus at five minutes after seven this morning was a breeze. Late last night I had to run to Wal-Mart to buy him new sneakers. I swear his feet just decided to grow yesterday. He had been in the same size for more than a year and when prepping his outfit for the day the only thing that fit were his flip flops that he isn't allowed to wear.

I sort of wish that Jen and Jam went to school at the same time. I have a hard time dealing with the staggered start and Jen gets busy playing before she has to go so she gets a bit worked up when it's time to go. Hopefully she won't have too much trouble with that this year though.

Little B and S and I had an ice cream party after they were both gone! S especially is being cuddly and relishing the time she has with mommy almost to herself. I'd say the ice cream was to help her feel better about missing her siblings but lets face it, I just wanted an excuse to eat some more of my caramel I had delivered down here from Leatherby's Family Creamery in Citrus Heights, California. That's right, my caramel made a 14 hour drive just for me! {With a little help from my parents that is :)}

I still can't believe Baby B is already 6 months old! She sits up, and crawls now. She has started pulling herself up on things and is already Trying to stand. No success yet though, thank heaven!

Hope all of you and your families have a successful school year!

No comments: