Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Stan was mutilated!

So, I spent a good chunk (aka most of....) my time that I had to be at home today cleaning the apartment like mad. I had to work a six hour shift, the guy I work with spent most of our combined shift mocking me and insulting me, and then i go to leave, wait around for my ride to show up and...15 minutes after I'm supposed to be gone, I decide to walk home instead. So, somewhere along the way, ride shows up, takes me home, apologizes...blah blah blah. I get home, check the mail, walk up the stairs open the door, and find my roommate destroyed the kitchen and left her shoes on the living room floor, and my mom had sent me an email ragging on me for having lost my grandfather's check. That on top of everything else today...I just sort of exploded. So I went for another walk to "cool off." Got all of the distance to the backside of the next building and that's where the walk ended. I went to look at the "Stan the snowman" we'd made on Sunday afternoon. Someone had mutilated the poor thing. Where it's head once was, now sits a pumpkin, and what had been it's head, sits atop another pumpkin, then there was a third pumpkin just sitting next to it. I busted up laughing. Took a few more steps in the opposite direction of home and decided that wouldn't make things any better, so I headed back in. E-rock asked why I was in such a good mood, so I told him he had to see it, met him outside and showed him the destruction. He got a kick out of it and we went our separate ways. I didn't think something so simple could change my mood from when I was walking, wishing I could be one of those fictional characters that just walks off and vaporizes to this. I opened my mail when I got back to find out my grandma had sent me a pretty nice, very warm, pair of gloves. That's a plus too.

No comments: